This week has be interesting to say the least and I knew it would be. My family and I have our assigned holidays that we host. Mine happens to be Easter.
We get Good Friday as a holiday but I decided to take Thursday off to get some carpet and floor washing in. Between Easter, a wedding, and a get together with some friends, my schedule was thrown a bit at the end of the week.
April 14th – April 20th
Starting weight – 173.6 lbs (I’m sticking with this because I was too afraid to step on the scale this morning!)
Monday - P90X Stretch – I got it in and was very happy! I needed it after attempting that 15 miler the day before.
Tuesday -2 x 1200 (2min RI) @ 10:24 & 4 x 800 (2 min RI) (Missed) - I hate missing workouts especially running. I woke up sick and feeling terrible. This may be why I have been dragging the last few days.
Wednesday – Strength Training – Even though I was still feeling a little icky I wasn’t going to miss another. It turned out to be a really good workout so I was happy I did them.
Thursday - 1 mile easy, 5 miles @ 12:20, 1 mile easy (outside) – I took this day off and spent most of the day washing carpets and floors. My run was tough because my lower back was killing me from working bent over. I PR’d on my first 5K by a little but started to slow way down as my back was starting to scream at me. Still got it in and met with some friends later that evening.
Friday - Rest day! - I was hoping to turn this into a workout day but between cleaning and doing all the shopping for Easter, my day ran away from me.
Saturday - 12 mile Run @ 12:55 pace – I changed my long run day to today. I have a wedding to go to in the evening so I made sure to get out early. I had an awesome run! Ran an average of 11:55 pace. I am happy with anything below what me schedule says.
Sunday - Easter – This day was a total wash workout wise. I am happy to be back on my normal schedule this week.
What I have been eating.
It’s no lie when I say I eat a lot of chicken. I eat a little beef and more fish but I really eat a lot of chicken. Usually for my lunches I sautee chicken in some coconut oil spray and add salt & spices. I couple that with a sweet potato.
Still with all that chicken I do have leftovers so what am I to do. Make omelets of course!
Mexican chicken omelet – Paleo Cook Book by Sébastien Noël
½ cup water
½ cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chili powder
1 cup cooked chicken or turkey, chopped into chunks
8 eggs (I use 4 egg whites and 4 whole)
¼ cup water
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place the ½ cup water with the tomatoes, oil and chili powder together in a blender or food processor and process to a smooth purée.
2. Transfer the tomato purée to a saucepan, bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 7 minutes, until quite thick.
3. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the chicken or turkey.
4. Reduce the heat to low while you prepare the omelets.
5. Whisk the eggs together with the water in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Add some cooking fat to a non-stick skillet, heat it to a medium heat and pour ¼ of the egg mixture in it.
Use a spatula to stir the omelet gently while it cooks and to allow uncooked parts to run underneath.
7. When the omelet is set, add ¼ of the tomato sauce, fold the omelet in half, cover and cook for another minute.
8. Set aside and repeat the process for the other omelets.
Positive - What I did get in was great!
Things to work on - Pace and distance. My 12 mile run was pretty good up to 10 miles then I started to tire out. Practice, practice, practice!
How was your Easter weekend?