In every fitness journey there are bumps in the road.
Things that take you off the path that you carve out for yourself if you allow it to and wow, did I ever allow it to.
Over the last couple of weeks my blog posts have been spotty and so has my workouts. Don’t even get me started about what I have been eating.
I have been preoccupied with working on getting my son’s college paperwork together. Let me tell you, applying for a mortgage is easier than a student loan. The application process is the easy part, it’s the other stuff that you have to do that’s the issue. Every time I think I’m done, there is something else that we have to do. I think we are done now….I hope.
I am also planning a grad party as well as prepping for our week away at camp. I not making excuses because I have always said before that if you really want to workout/train, you will find the time somewhere.
So, here is what I am doing. I took Carla’s advice at MizFitOnline and joined a group. It’s an online group because I don’t have a health club membership. I will participate on their forums and different challenges. I do tend to be an “island” when it comes to my fitness efforts so I think working with a group of like minded people will do me good.
Camping will be the big challenge because I plan to bring a lot of clean eats but have to figure out how to prepare them with only a camp fire and gas grill.I plan to take some free weights along with me to camp. I will also go on trail and road runs with my son.
Making clean eating a priority so it will become a habit. I came across an article from Runners World Magazine called 5 Great Summertime Whole Foods for runners. Here they are:
1. Arugula – I have this in my mixed greens salad. I love the mixture of the bitter and sweet with chicken.
2. Avocados – I love avocados. One half of an avocado goes into my mixed greens salad. Lots of good fats and I love the taste.
3. Peaches – I can’t wait until peach season comes up here in Western NY. We are blessed to be in an area that summer/fall produce is plentiful. Peach season usually starts in late July and goes through August. You would be hard pressed to not to find a produce stand selling this awesome fruit.
4. Sour Cherries – This is nature’s pain killer. Again, you can find sour cherries at almost every stand you go to. I like to get sour cherry concentrate too. Mix two tablespoons into whatever you would like. I like smoothies or just plain water.
5. Strawberries – This fruit is in season right now but is almost over. I buy these frozen in a mixed berry bag that I put into plain yogurt with some Stevia sweetener.
These are just some of the things that I plan to do to get back on the fitness wagon.
How do you pick yourself up when you fall off the wagon? Any suggestions on clean eats food prep with limited resources?